• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 years 7 months ago #51 by Eugenia
I.A. was created by Eugenia
Nickname: I.A.
Disorder: hyperkinetic
Comorbid disorder: attention deficit, agitation
Description: I.A. is a 7 year old boy. He has attention problems, is agitated and disturbs his classmates. During the hours he does not follow the instructions / rules, he can not be careful for a long time and, because of this, although he is a smart boy, he often misses the work tasks. Sometimes, when I talk to him, he doesn't seem to listen. He moves around in a chair, looks through the bench or the backpack, returns to his colleagues around, sometimes answers before finishing the question, without waiting his turn. He always wants to be first: the first one who finishes writing, the first one who goes out of class in a break, is always in a hurry.
Place: classroom
Time: during the hour, when they have to perform work tasks.
Measures: In order to consume his surplus energy in a useful way, I ask him to help me divide the worksheets. I praise him when he does something right. Receives smiley faces on notebooks, when solving work tasks well.
Intervention Hypothesis: Because he likes to be praised, I hope this will make him strive harder to fulfill his work tasks.
Being my help, he can also fulfill his desire for movement during the lesson and I hope this will make him resist staying longer during the class.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.018 seconds