• Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 years 7 months ago #50 by Andreea
V.R. was created by Andreea
Nickname: V.R.
Sex: Male
Disorder: Agitation followed by the failure to solve some tasks.
Comorbid disorder (or co-existing condition): focus deficit
Brief description: V.R. is 9 years old. He know a lot of things and is a very inteligent student. He prefer subjects like Math and Science. He don’t like to write or to read. Sometimes is very lazy when he need to do a task which involves reading or writing even if it’s a Math problem. In this cases he start to be stirred, to disturb his coleagues and not keep up with the class.
Even is a smart student he has low ratings because he doesn’t finish the tasks he recive.
His is not violent, but his way of acting makes the other students reject it.
In many cases, he wants to do something different than his colleagues.
Many times, if he can’t interact with other students, he plays alone or moves from his place.
Place: Classroom
Setting: During the lessons, when he recieves an individual task for subjects like Romanian Language, Enghlis Language, Music, Arts, etc.
Measures:
- Remind him the class rules when he disturb his classmates.
- I give him short tasks, even if sometimes there are more.
- I set time for him, to work alone/ in group.
- At communication lessons, I allow him to engage in conversation, discuss what he likes.
- I offer him positive observations when he solves the tasks well, without interruption and praise for good behaviour

Intervention hypothesis (describe the desired results from the intervention)
-Increase the numbers of solved exercises without interrupting work.
- Increase self-confidence, to be aware that he is smart and intelligent even in other subjects, not only in Math an Science.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds