• Fresh Boarder
More
4 years 7 months ago #48 by ANA-MARIA
M.A. was created by ANA-MARIA
Nickname: M.A.
Sex: Male
Disorder: Attention
Comorbid disorder (or co-existing condition): focus deficit
Brief description: He's tired in most days. During the school program, his head is on the desk and he has a lost look During explanations, the teacher must ask him to pay attention because he does not follow the explanations and disturbs his colleagues. He wants to work only in teams or together with other people. When students receive individual tasks, he starts to cry, to stall time saying he does not what to do. When he get a task, he does not start working immediately.
Place: Classroom
Setting: During the lessons, when he recieves an individual task
Measure: First of all, I touch his shoulder to catch his attention and give him confidence that he can solve the task without problems. I ask him if he knows what he has to do, I divide the task into smaller parts and work step by step. I notice if it he starts correctly and I praise him if it does. I allow him to say the correct answer and give him my appreciation and his colleagues.
Intervention hypothesis (describe the desired results from the intervention)
- Applying the technique step by step from his own will in solving the exercises
- Increasing one's self-esteem by colleagues appreciation and by correctly solving tasks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds